Humble Pie

Top five ways I usually find myself eating it . . .

5.  When I have to apologize to a child of mine for a mistake or error in judgement I've made.  Don't act so shocked, you all knew I was human.

4.  Admitting defeat and giving into the ponytail.  Three Two days in a row.

3.  Wishing I had time to take classes so I really would know everything (don't tell my kids I don't!).  Some examples: (yes, there are more times than not I'd like to take a class in (fill in the blank!).)  knowing how to work my camera, any handy-type home-improvement project (maybe I'll get another power tool for Mother's Day again!), remembering after three internet-free days that a power cycle would reset my modem.  (And this after how many collective hours on the phone with a certain customer service company???)  Sheesh.

2.  Apologizing to a coach (or husband) for being late to a son's (insert sport here) practice.

1.  When we are sitting in church and my 5yo daughter looks at me quizzically, then says, "Mom, did you even DO your hair today?"


Yeah, it happens.  You'd think humble pie would become tasty at some point.

Or I'd just get smarter.

One of the two.

Comments

Emily said…
Having to apologize to your kids is the WORST.

I hate it when they get inklings that you might not actually be perfect.

And just FYI - Elsie doesn't let me leave the house anymore without inspecting my choice of clothing and hairdo.

Love ya!