Old Traditions . . .

Or, not really, as I don't recall any specific St. Patty's Day adventures when I was growing up.  Other than the required-hidden-green-on-me-somewhere (which I inadvertently passed to my necklace-under-the-shirt-wearing-daughter this year!), I have decided to create traditions here.

One of the standards, even if it's late, is The Green Dinner.  Why is this on the table? Why do I have to eat that?  The answer is always the same.

Because it's Green Day!

(my kids don't get that joke . . . nor, as I secretly suspect and my husband tries to point out, does anyone else but me get it, or even think it's funny.)

So here are some pics of our Green Celebration!


(that's guacamole there on the right, and I did add some regular-colored chicken just in case)


Dinner plus the only child who lets me take her picture instead of screaming and ducking under the table.

At least I have one.

Happy sigh.

Comments

Janet Johnson said…
Ah, I sure miss celebrating St. Patty's day with people who appreciate the wonder that it is!

Happy St. Patty's day!

I'll just be here singing: When Irish eyes . . .
Oh, Sweet!... said…
I love those traditions! We did it too this year. Green dinner! Our chicken was cooked in creamy pesto sauce so technically it was green too! You're such an awesome mom!!