Florence: Day 2 of The Adventure

(I'm still not sure how I should count this--it's the first day in Florence, but technically the 7th day of our trip--maybe I'll just stick with counting the days of our "adventure," not including the TDOH, two on the cruise, one being stuck in Nice, and one in Barcelona . . . ok, we're going to stick with that.)

We finally made it to Florence!  We got checked into our hotel, and celebrated that we weren't dragging our luggage.  We were able to find a tour that went to many of the places we wanted to see, that same day!  The front desk helped me book it and I almost cried when they said we were good to go!  I told them our story, and why I was so emotional about a tour working out--they were really sympathetic and said it sounded like a movie plot!

Florence is SO beautiful!  I absolutely LOVE the tiny little streets, the gelato shops on every corner, the piazzas, and amazing architecture!  We went to Fiesole for just a moment on our tour, Palazzio Vecchio, Santa Croce, Piazza Republica, and the Uffizi Museum.  After our tour dropped us off, we wandered some streets and at one corner we turned and I almost died--there was Il Duomo, RIGHT THERE!!!  It, like most everything else we saw that day, is so much more amazing in person--the detail of the sculpture, the intricacies of the different colored marble, the size!  I was in heaven!  That night we went to Nerone's for dinner--I love that the food here is so beautiful and SO delicious!  We had fabulous ravioli and pizza for lunch too--Dave was making fun of me for taking pictures of our food, but I wish I'd taken more! : )  So good, it almost erased away any crazy transportation memories . . . 

We did get some gelato this same night--and just about every night afterwards. ; )  I got cannella, which is cinnamon--HOLY COW!  I could live here.  Just for this!  Maybe someday I'll live in Florence, be an English tour guide, and eat cinnamon gelato every day.  Yep, that would be the life! : )


Comments

Janet Johnson said…
I think I missed a post. I'll have to go back, but I'm so glad Florence was so perfect for you. :) And the food looks wonderful!