A Project for Mom . . .

Not to be left out, I thought I'd post my latest project too ; )

My brother-in-law and new sister-in-law got married a couple weeks ago, and asked for my help to make a "mailbox" for the cards and dinero they anticipated receiving.  When my sister got married last November, there was a lot of concern about the cards just sitting out, full of whatever lovely donation was made to the new couple.  So to thwart any unsuspecting thievery, I made a Valentine's Box On Steroids.


I took three (of five--#1 (largest), #2 (next largest), and #4 (second-to-smallest)) nesting boxes, played with some watered-down craft paint, serious modge podge, some fun scrapbooking paper in their colors, printed out a monogram on my darling computer, cut the top out of the bottom box and the bottom out of the middle box to make room for all the loot, glued all the boxes together, added a slit just above the monogram, and tons of ribbon (which you can't see because I forgot to get a final picture!  I'll post one when I get it from my SIL), and voila!  It was really cool, and I was glad I made the effort because my cute sis-in-law was delighted with the final product.  Maybe I'll use the other boxes for Livia's V-Day box next year . . .

Comments

Janet Johnson said…
Beautiful project! Love it. :)
Tara said…
Wow Mel, brilliant! I want one! You're hired!.. in a few years :)