Do Dog Owners Ever Have to Sweep?

Ever?

I've been a dog owner for 13 days now, and have noticed a remarkable difference in the floor underneath our counter where the kids sit.

We have four hand-me-down barstools there, (the same ones I used growing up!) which I've wanted to replace for about four years now.  (I haven't got around to it due to the fact that some of my kids decided it would be fun to accessorize their stools with stickers . . . and none of them are especially careful about spills yet, and well, it's just cheaper not to!  But I digress . . . )  Today Ginger decided that since the floor underneath was squeaky clean, it was time to attack the stools themselves.  She spent a good half hour cleaning off the dried applesauce, peanut butter, dripped maple syrup, and other such delicacies found petrified on the legs of the stools.  While I'm not complaining, I'm not a fan of dogs eating people food.  I guess since she discovered the treasure trove of children-droppings, it's hers to claim, and hey, I don't have to clean them now!

Guess it's a good thing I haven't bought the new stools yet.

: )

Comments

Janet Johnson said…
Finally, a good reason to get a dog. :)

I, on the other hand, sweep about 10 times daily. Enjoy the break!
Emily said…
I have not swept my floor for 3 years. (Just kidding) - Actually, my dog is picky with his table scraps...he won't eat cereal or a vast array of vegetables.

Consider yourself lucky!
Tara said…
Ok, that is just a little bit gross Mel. Sorry. :D I would wipe them down so they don't have DOGGY GERMS on them! I guess I'm more of a cat person ;)