It doesn't hurt to flirt . . .

                                                         . . . with car wash boys.

Let me explain:

Two days ago it rained pretty steadily for a while.  Enough that as I was out driving, windshield wipers doing their thang, and mud running down the side of my windshield, I was prompted to consider a car wash.  Either that or it was very dirty rain.

So today, with the sun shining and beautiful, and a few minutes to spare (what? unheard of, I know), I decided to go to the car wash.  (A side note to apologize to everyone for the rain that will come tomorrow as a result of my decision today.)  We all know Firehouse has cheap Wednesdays, but you can't beat a prepaid (read: free) one at Chevron.  So off we go, join the small line of other dirty cars, and wait for the attendant to come get our coupon.  As he's at my window, I decide to go for it.

"Are you all doing complimentary wipe-offs today?"  Smile.

"You want a free one, huh?" he asks, tilting his head like he's interested in a deal.

"Yep."

"Maybe."  Then writes an orange "WO" on my windshield.  "Just don't tell anybody."

"Deal."  I say,  "and thanks!"

He smiles and walks to the next car.  I sit gloating in my almost-to-be-cleaned car.  Ok, so it wasn't really flirting, but it caught your attention, right?

Never hurts to ask.

Or smile.

: )

Comments

Janet Johnson said…
You go girl. Work that charm!

Never hurts to ask, but sure helps to be as charming as you!