Thoughts for Today

In our RS lesson today our new RSP shared this poem.  I just wanted to post it and thank all of you that I call friends--I am so blessed to have you in my life!  Thank you, thank you!  Sophia often asks me how many friends I have ("Do you have one friend or five friends, Mom?"), and I am so grateful to have more than one hand-worth.  I hope I continue the "breath of kindness" on my end.  You are all wonderful and fabulous and I love you!

Friendship

Oh, the comfort--the inexpressible comfort
Of feeling safe with a person,
Having neither to weigh thoughts,
Nor measure words--but pouring them
All right out--just as they are--
Chaff and grain together--
Certain that a faithful hand will
Take and sift them--
Keep what is worth keeping--
And with the breath of kindness
Blow the rest away.

Dinah Craik

Comments

Janet Johnson said…
What a great poem! Thanks for blowing all my chaff away. :)