My Darling Daughter!


Isn't she beautiful!?!

Last weekend Livia and I went with some friends to a dance camp in Provo. It was SO much fun! We had a great time just being girls, although we did learn to request rooms FAR away from the older girls next time. : ) We went to lunch together, shopped for some new shoes (found some cute tennies on sale at Payless that will work for basketball, hip hop, AND school--score!), slept in really comfy beds (for a hotel!), had room service bring us breakfast . . . it was wonderful! The girls got in three dance classes the first day (jazz, contemporary, and hip hop) and four the next day (jazz again, contemporary, lunch, ballet, hip hop). At the "closing ceremonies," they were able to perform their dances and scholarships were given out. Each teacher chose three girls to give a scholarship to for the next dance camp. (not so much for ability, as for effort and attitude as well.) So the ballet teacher (who was a man from Russia--totally cool! The girls thought it was so fun to have a BOY BALLET teacher! We chatted with him after class and he is really fun--really thick accent, very laid back for a ballet dancer, and very tall, which made me want to join the class! LOL) stood up and told the girls how well they all did, and how fun it was for him to have the opportunity to teach them. The first girl he wanted to give a scholarship to was . . . LIVIA!!! I think I screamed louder than her--it was such a surprise! In a group of 100-150 dancers, she was the first one called. YAAY!!! Of the twelve scholarships given, three went to our studio, and the other two were the owner's daughters. Yeah, you can say proud mama. Way to go, Livia!!!


Comments

christy said…
Hooray for Livia!
Tara said…
Oh my gosh, that's SO AWESOME!!! Livi, you are going to be better than me in no time!! I'm so excited for you! Let's dance together next time I'm up there! :D :D
Janet Johnson said…
What a fun thing! I may have to use this idea as soon as Khyah gets a bit older . . . I better just hope she likes dance. :) It might end up being a sports camp. Oh well, same idea, right?

And congrats, Livia!