My Christmas Favorites

Now that all this is about to come down (tomorrow), (and I'm obviously in the "cleaning out" mode!) I thought I'd record a few of my favorite Christmas images here. These are some of the scenes that make this season perfect and magical for me!

The Christmas tree, decorated (with help--my new favorite part! It took some deep breathing to give up the control, but I love that I did . . . and I even love the branches that have four or more ornaments on them!) and lit, of course! Presents spilling out the sides . . .

Six batches of my mom's (and now my little sister's) famous toffee! I perfected my own Making of The Toffee this year. (thanks Tiffy!)

Dave's nutcracker collection (now 26 strong!) . . . there's a really good story behind these! : ) Maybe someday I'll share it . . .
Empty Advent Calendars--Dave's mom has a tradition of giving them to the kids at Thanksgiving, so there's just enough time for them to panic that they'll never get to open a door, and then before I know it, they're empty!

The Pajama Fairy! Matching boys and matching girls this year!

The Christmas tree at night . . . it's so magical at night! Even my garlands make me smile when they're lit at night--I love it!




Comments

Tara said…
I love this!! Those are some of my favorite traditions too! I can't wait to do this in my own home someday :) Love you Mel!!