Happy New Year!

As we are still in the younger-children-phase, and don't really care to SEE midnight anymore, Dave and I have given up staying up past midnight for quite a few years now. Unfortunately for us who love sleep more, we have neighbors who don't, who love New Year's Eve, and set off fireworks every year. This year was no exception and their festivities woke up the boys who came running into our room: "Mom, Dad! You're missing it!"
"Yeah, we're ok with that. Go back to bed."
"But there are FIREWORKS!"
"Yes, we know. You can watch them then go back to sleep."
"OK! Thanks!"

At which point we went back to sleep. I woke up around 3:30 AM hearing voices in the family room. What the heck was going on? I fell out of bed and ran out to find my oldest sitting on the floor watching tv at normal volume. Ummm, Son? Everyone is SLEEPING. Want to join them? Not only that, but the light in his room was on, his brother buried and asleep in his blankets, and lights around the house were on as well. We got them turned off, hustled my eldest child back to bed, and returned to my bed, a little grumpier than before. (Okay, in all fairness, I was a LOT grumpier!) I didn't sleep well the rest of the night, but he did! : ) He woke up around 11:00, ready for food and feeling quite happy he got to see the new year. . . .

We did all take naps today, though. : )

Comments