Did I just say that?

Earlier this week I promised my kiddos that we could go swimming on Saturday (if rooms are cleaned, beds made, vacuumed even . . . I'm a real slave driver). Dave has a trial coming up, poor guy, so is working his sweet little tail off, so what better way to drain all the energy and get baths and easy bedtimes all in one? So, knowing how well my dear, sweet, darling children play together, I told the older ones they could invite a friend to play with. Well, after basketball practices and birthday parties, I am finding myself toting three friends in addition to my four . . . I may need lots of chocolate tonight . . . maybe I'll start with some early doses . . .


* Addendum *
So, after the fact, it turned out to be quite a brilliant idea! No one was bored, or cold. Everyone had a friend to play with (i.e. no one tried to scare mom by jumping on her from behind . . . which was greatly appreciated!). Everyone ate dinner with gusto (ok, it was pizza, so not too hard there). I got a killer parking spot (right out the doors) so we didn't have to run too far in the cold. And they are all bathed, girls' hair done for tomorrow, . . . heck, I might even iron the boys' shirts tonight! I think I will still have some chocolate though . . . ; )

Comments

Janet Johnson said…
You are a glutton for punishment! I'm so impressed. Good luck my brave friend. :)
Tara said…
Oh Melly, I love you so much. I can't wait to be a mom, I hope I can be as amazing as you are!