Change is Constant

The one thing we all know is that nothing is as constant as change. Recently, Modbe Clothing has closed its doors, leaving me without my Regional VP status, a side income, and many girls' nights out. : ) I truly have enjoyed working with Modbe, and have met many wonderful and inspiring people. It has been a little sad to pack up and sell off, but I really am at peace about it now. I have enjoyed being able to support my husband in his crazy times at work, and my kids in their increased activities, so that Modbe really has had to take a back seat lately anyway. I will miss my cute friends, and the income of course ; ) but am totally ready to not have any distractions from my main job: being a mom!

It's funny how when one priority drops out of your life, there are always many more ready to take its place. Not doing boutiques and shows has allowed me to obviously be home more, be a little more relaxed in the evenings, and start working out with Dave! We started going to a trainer in September twice a week, and the results have been amazing! Dave has lost over 30 lbs now, and looks incredible! I have lost 8 (I know, the comparison is shoddy, but I have toned up quite a bit, and 8 lbs from my belly has made me more excited than ever for swimsuit season!), and I feel increased energy and ability, we eat so much better, and our overall well-being has increased so much that I wouldn't trade where we are now for where we were before, side income and all. Maybe I'll even be able to update the blog more often ; )

Comments

Tara said…
Love you Mel :) You always find a way to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sad that Modbe is gone too. But I'm so happy for you and Dave, you two inspire me!!