Fall Cooking is THE BEST!!!

I love comfort food. ALL of it! I love cooking when it's cold outside and you want to snuggle up to your stove. I love eating my creations with my family . . . even if they don't appreciate them ; ) and I love sharing a new fabulous find with my friends! So here you go: my latest find. It's PHE-NOM-IN-AL. Seriously. Melt-in-your-mouth loveliness. In pancake form. : )

Pumpkin Pancakes
1 c. flour
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1/4 c. plain low-fat or nonfat yogurt
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl; wet ingredients in another bowl. Stir together just until evenly moistened.

The only way to have these pancakes is with homemade vanilla syrup. We actually have to keep a bottle in the fridge at all times, because it's fabulous on everything from these pancakes to regular ones, especially if you add bananas and pecans . . . or anything fruit . . . or just straight from the bottle on a spoon (I don't ever do that . . . just the kids . . . ) ; )

Vanilla Syrup

3/4 c. butter
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. buttermilk (cool side note here: did you know that if you don't have "real" buttermilk you can substitute 1 T cider vinager + milk to make a full 1 cup? I usually do 1 t of vinegar, though--it seems like enough)
3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
3 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. vanilla

Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large pot. Remove pot from the burner; add baking soda and vanilla. Mixture will froth up and rise considerably. Stir regularly and let sit until the syrup settles and bubbles are gone. Serve warm.

Lick-your-plate-clean. Seriously. Enjoy!

I do have to give credit to Misty and Carla for the find--thanks gals! from the bottom of my stomach . . . : )

Comments