Truly her Grandfather's Granddaughter

Anyone who knows my dad understands the deep and abiding passion for dill pickles.  No, this is not a joke.  It is really true.  Pickles go with every meal, cut lovingly into strips, placed in a crystal serving dish.  Normally this is Dad's contribution to the meal--he's the one to get them out, cut them up, and place them on the table.  Maybe one of these days Sophia will do it with him.  They truly share the "pickle bond."  Yes, my baby girl is a full-blown pickle lover.   The kind that eats three or four WHOLE ENTIRE pickles all by herself.  At age two, no less.

The other day we were having hot dogs (I know you are all amazed at my culinary creativity here) for lunch, and I pulled out the pickle jar.  "Sophie, look what Mommy has!"  This was her reaction:


PICKLES!!!!

YUMMY!

Enjoy, Dad--this granddaughter (and her pickles) are for you! : )

Comments

Mary Ellen said…
That so reminds me of my little Caleb, at about the same age, when I was pulling a pickle out of the jar and he giggled excitedly and said, "It's gonna be GOOOD!!!!"
Hey Melanie!

Thank you so much for introducing me to Stephanie! I took her kids photos on Saturday. They turned out amazing. It wouldn't have happened with out you. You're the best!

Julie Lafferre