Clover Necklaces

Many thanks to those who help me feel like my crazy mom moment wasn't such an anomaly. : ) You are all amazing and wonderful, and I am so grateful to call you my friends!

On Tuesday we went to Daniel's baseball practice at Cheese Park here in Bountiful. Many of you may know that the Cheese is no longer there, but we found plenty of clovers. It was so fun to sit down with the younger three and play in the grass. We made clover necklaces, bracelets, and even rings! I was reminded of how important it is to sit down . . . sometimes literally, and take those moments together. Livia and Micah were so excited to gather the clovers, and they found the best and biggest all over the field. Sophie's ring kept falling off, and even though we had to replace it many times, she was still admant about wearing it. Livia wanted to keep hers forever, but (as many literary passages ran through my mind about the fragility of life/friendship/whatever being compared to a clover flower chain . . . anyone name those passages?) I told her the fun is in the remembering, and the pictures, and the doing it again and again. : ) So here are some for you to enjoy . . .


Sophia with her necklace and ring--couldn't get the bracelet to work on her little wrist, but she didn't seem to mind. (She does have her birthstone bracelet on anyway--maybe that made up for it.) This is her famous "cheese" face. I really can't get a normal smile out of her--not a huge surprise because ALL of my cute kids have gone through this stage!





Micah proudly displaying his wares--plus the maple seed "bird" that he helped to "fly". I'm actually surprised he doesn't have the "cheese" face on--maybe he's growing out of it??? that would be a little sad for me . . .







My darling Livia--she is so photogenic, and of course, loves posing for the camera (I know, you're shocked). She has several other requested photos of this session, most of which were self-posed. : ) Let me know if you'd like the whole album!






This one says it all for me--stop and smell the clovers--it is well worth it!


Comments

T.A.T.I Crew said…
So cute. All those pictures are frame-worthy.
Debbie said…
so cute. sounds like you had a great time. i don't think in all my life I ever made a clover necklace. I am missing serious "Mom skills" :)
Mel,
Your family is so darling! Cute blog, thanks for letting us peek into your busy lives! Hope you are doing well!
We need to get together!
The Castleberry's
Debbie said…
okay mel, you posted this nearly a month ago...what's new at your house?
Mindi B said…
You have such a darling family! I didn't even recognized your youngest - that means we haven't seen each other for a while. When are we going to get together? We need to call Tracy and plan something with all of us!
Tami said…
Mel, thanks for the comments on your quilt. I would love to see some pictures. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'd like to do. I've cut the jeans and have them ready to cut into squares, but I'm still trying to decide what size. So ya, any tips help. Your kids are adorable. They're getting so big!
(tami.robbins@gmail.com)